Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pushing through the pain

To say that I was sore after Tuesday's session is a complete understatement. My quads were incredibly sore after the run/ resistance training. I knew that I was pushing it and would suffer the next day. Since it was self-inflicted I made sure to keep the whinging to a minimum.

I was scheduled to go to the gym yesterday, but I did not end up leaving the office until 2000-ish so it was too late to fit in a training session. Plus the thought of running when it hurt to walk was painful. Today however, I decided to muster up the willpower to go to the gym. I figured I would try running slow and if that hurt too much I would switch to the bike. Thankfully I was able to run :-)

Session Recap:
I kept the pace at a managable level. The pace felt comfortable and I did not feel uneasy at any stage. I did however start getting bored and was tempted to increase the speed. I did not though...I knew the importance of today was to take it easy and train around 65%

Running:
Time: 25:14
Distance: 4K
Pace: 6.31
Avg KPH: 9.5

Weight Training: (sets x reps x kilos)
Bend Row: 2 x 10 x 6kg (each side)
Up-right Row: 2 x 10 x 12.5kg
Bi-cep Curls: 2 x 12 x 15kg
Power Plates (Dips): 2 x 15reps @ H30
Power Plates: 3 x 45sec x H50
Power Plates (sides): 1 x 45sec x H50

Today was a good session. I don't know what has been with my mood lately, but the gym sessions have been curing them. I made sure to cool-down and stretch today after my run. That felt great. I really need to do a proper stretch session after my runs...think that is why I was sore yesterday and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment